Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Shoes Shoes Shoes

How many pairs of running shoes do you have? Well.. I have 3!!! In all honesty, I think serious runners should have two pairs. I have three!!! What does that say about me??? :P

No in all honesty, I believe people who are not runners will say I am a crazy runner. People who are really serious about running would call me a half-f***ed runner. Haha. I guess I am in between the two.

So why do I say two pairs of shoes. If you are serious, you will run pretty often. Perhaps like three times or more a week. And if you do run that often, it would be really good if you can give your shoes a break. I believe by rotating your shoes, you can make your shoes last longer. Well anyway I read somewhere just today that each pair of shoes should last between 350 miles to 500 miles. That's about 500km to 800km. How much is that in terms of weeks? If you run like 6km three times a week, your shoe will last about 28 to 45 weeks. That's like 6 months to 10 months. So if you have two pairs of shoes, it may last you up to one and a half years instead. :P Not only that, by practising rotating shoes, you allow your shoes to breathe. In other words, your shoes wouldn't stink that much now that you can allow them to air longer.

So anyway, now you know I advocate two pairs of shoes. Get it if you feel comfortable or are convinced by my not-so-convincing argument. Now why do I have three pairs? Well my third pair is my quick pair. It's a racing shoe. As I have always aspired, ever since my National Service Days, to achieve that elusive 9.14min, I keep that shoes for that special 2.4km. So now you know. Haha.. :P

No comments: