Sunday, March 23, 2008

That Lazy Feeling

Have you ever had the feeling of really wanting to run the day before a morning run, but when the morning came you just cannot pull yourself out of bed? Well, it happens to me very often. Haha.. This morning, I was supposed to meet a friend at 9.45am for a morning run of about 1.5 hours long. However, try as I may, I just cannot pull myself out of bed this morning. The level of fatigue I felt is beyond me! I just cannot wake up!

In the end, I told the friend that I was not feeling well, which in this case is true (haven't been sleeping well for quite some time). As usual, he was really nice about it and hopefully we do a run again some time soon.

Everyone gets lazy sometimes. Don't they? For me, it happens oh so frequently. Very often, my friends ask me to go for training or go for a run. But that lazy bum in me has this strangling hold over my will power. I end up bumming around, lazing away in my bunk or hiding somewhere in the school doing my own personal stuff. :P

Well to counter this lazy feeling, I have taken a few steps. One of them is to join in a team sport. I joined my school dragonboat team. It really helps in honing discipline. In dragonboat, as the saying goes, the chain is as strong as its weakest link. With that in mind, I trained and I trained with the team. Through my 2.5 years in the team, I have trained with great discipline and have almost never missed any trainings. ie the lazy feeling went into hibernation!

However, after leaving the team, I was all alone again. The thing with trying to keep fit is that I feel it gets really hard when you do it alone. During National Service, I had a few really good friends who will push me. In dragonboat, you have the team. But now all by myself, what am I to do? Fortunately, I have begun training with a friend. Nowadays, we meet like two to three times a week for runs and each run we would do about 40 min to about 1.5 hours. It's great to have companionship during your workouts. It has definitely prevented that lazy feeling from coming out from hibernation! So cheers to you my anonymous friend. :)

All I hope for now is that I will be able to continue to quash this lazy feeling of mine and today is just a brief cameo appearance!

No comments: