Thursday, March 20, 2008

What's up nowadays?

Ever since my days in the National Service, I have tried to maintain a healthy lifestyle. Through these years, I have taken part in 4 marathons and 2 triathlons. I've participated in the Standard Chartered Marathon since 2003 till 2006 but I took a break in 2007. Well, for these 4 marathons, I only put in considerably more effort in SCM 2006 which I came in at 4:48. The rest of the marathons, I finished in about 5:30, 5:45 and 5:30 respectively. Not that fantastic eh.. haha

Well, right now I am training for Singapore's first night marathon, the Sundown Marathon. I have been training for about 2 months with pretty long runs. In terms of distance, I have no idea how long I took. But in terms of time, I usually run about 40 min to about 1 hour 30 min. The longest I have ran so far is 1 hour 50 min. My personal aim for this marathon is to try to better my 4:48 time and hopefully beat my friend's time of 4:34. :P So hopefully come May 31st, I would be able to make a good time!

For those who have never completed a marathon, I do strongly encourage you to try one. In the past, I would never have thought of trying to run 42.195km. I always thought these kind of people are crazy. Pay money to suffer! hahaha.. I said the same thing at every marathon after SCM 2003. But nonetheless, it has become something which I sort of enjoy. :P So anyway, do try to do a marathon. Take it as a personal challenge. The feeling of triumph at the end of it all feels tremendous. Ask your friends or colleagues who have completed. They would probably say the same. Maybe Sundown Marathon is a little early, but you can consider signing up for the later marathons such as the Lion City Marathon and SCM 2008!

Hope to see you at the race! Ciao


No comments: