Thursday, April 3, 2008

Sundown Marathon

Currently, I am training really hard for Singapore's first night marathon, Sundown Marathon! At least, I am trying to train hard for it. It is 58 days away but I'm beginning to panic! For my previous marathons, I have never clocked anything more than 21km and in terms of the number of km covered in a week is usually less than 21km as well. Haha. That explains the 5 hour plus timings. :P

Anyway, I am trying to up my trainings these few weeks as I have looked into my distant future and realise I do not have many weeks left to train. In fact, it's only 8 weeks away. So less the week before the marathon, which I do not plan to train already, that's 7 weeks. Of the 7 available weeks, 3 of them, at least, I would not be in Singapore. Hence, I would not be able to train. If I cannot train, then I will not be able to beat the time of a certain friend! So to beat my certain friend, I have to train my a** off now!!! And right now, my school term is coming to its end with exams 2 weeks away! 2 reports due, one composition and an oral exam and 2 exams to top it all. Life is great!

So later, I am off for a long run hopefully. That is, pending it doesn't rain before my run, and definitely not during my run. I have never run in pouring conditions and I do not plan to start. Fingers crossed! :)

No comments: