Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Swimming Duku

Today I went for a swim with my anonymous friend. It's been quite some time since I swam. The last time I did, it was during the NTU Sundown Swimathon which lasted through the night. Today's session is sort of like a break from all the running. Not that I have been running a lot in the first place but a change is always nice.

But my day didn't turn out so well at the start. Last night, I slept at close to 2. This morning, I woke up at 630. Dammit. Too early for me cos I'm a guy who really treasures my sleep. Oh well. My day began with a lot of driving. Then, the sky grew dark and it started pouring. It's pretty scary when you drive in such bad weather. But then again, the silver lining was swimming may have to be cancelled and I can get back to sleep. :) What a pleasant thought. Unfortunately, the sky started to clear by about 10am and it seemed inevitable that I have to put my tired body into the swimming pool. Crap. Oh well. I should go swimming, shouldn't I? Considering the fact that I have not run since my very long run last Friday night, I kind of feel guilty for not running. In addition, I planned to run like on Monday and last night as well. The key word is planned. I didn't run in the end. The Procastinator in me was simply overpowering. Hence, I have to psycho myself to swim today. I must. Crap.

So off at my school's pool in the town. Nice little pool on the 6th floor. Small though. Only 25m. So what this means is that I have to swim two laps to cover one lap in the big pool. Sighs. Luckily for me, I've had training in swimming previously. Thus swimming, to me, is kind of a breeze. My strokes, I would say, may not be the best but is definitely more efficient than most people. :) So I can take it easier when I swim. :) So today I did 120 laps in the pool. That's like 60 laps in the big pool or 3km. Good distance but I'm having a headache. Smaller pools means more turns. I do twice the number of turns than I would have to do in a big pool. My head's a bit light now. Still is. Also, usually after swims, my body feels exceptionally tired. So now I'm just lazing my tired body away in a cafe. Procastinating again by blogging. Crap. Okay back to work. I am so sleepy. Sigh.

No comments: