Sunday, May 25, 2008

Final Week to Sundown Marathon

It's May 26. Five more days to Sundown Marathon. Am I fully prepared for this marathon? I would say no. But considering the amount that I have been running, I would say this would have been the most prepared marathon I am going for.

Since signing up for the marathon, I have been running quite often (with the exception of the past few weeks). I have done a few 10+ km runs. I have done three 21km runs. And I have run parts of the route, such as Bedok Reservoir, along Loyang Avenue and East Coast Park. Considering all these, I would say I'm pretty pleased with my runs.

However, considering the distance covered prior to the race, it could have been better. For the past six weeks, with the exception of last week, I have not covered anything more than 10km per week. In fact, most of these weeks, I have not run at all! That is not a good build up to a race of such distance. The five week or so lay-off was felt very much in my last 21km run on Friday where I struggled on the last 6km or so. Thinking about it, I think that though I have trained hard for Sundown Marathon, it is still going to be a very painful marathon. Sigh.

Nonetheless, it's late now. I do hope I can last longer during this marathon. My last marathon, which I have trained quite hard as well, I managed to keep running until the 29km mark. I do hope to run longer than 29km and hopefully, very hopefully finish running the entire marathon without walking. Wish me luck for the race and I wish all friends and participants all the best for the race! including the friend going for the ultra-marathon! All the Best!

No comments: